Spring is an exciting time to change up any room simply by incorporating a few seasonal updates. Here’s a look at trendy colors and ideas to consider:
- 2017 Pantone GREENERY-Color of the Year
Pantone describes its Color of the Year as “refreshing and revitalizing yellow-green shade, evoking the first days of spring when nature’s greens revive, restore and renew.” Greenery is a versatile “trans-seasonal” shade that lends itself to many color combinations and can pair with neutrals, brights, deeper shades, pastels and metallic. These pairings easily crossover between fashion, beauty, product and graphic design applications. pantone.com/color-of-the-year-2017
- In spring, use flat, crisp materials such as cotton, voile, and linen to keep your space feeling fresh and comfortable.
- Fringe and tassels on everything, including mirrors, table lamps, fixtures and wall hangings, and even incorporated into wallpaper are hot, hot, hot.
- Accessories should lend character to a room and borrow from nature: Use elements from the outdoors, such as stone and old wood, to decorate. Pair unfinished, rough materials with smooth polished surfaces to create informal harmony.
- Mix textiles to create an energetic feel-for example, pillows, and throws (with fringe and tassels, of course). You can also mix patterns by keeping to the same color palette.