The keys to a stress-free Thanksgiving are planning ahead and asking for help. Here are a few tips to get you started.
- Shop for those dishes you will make yourself, if items can remain fresh.
- Ask your guests to each bring a side dish or beverages.
- Create a seating plan, set the table(s), and decorate your home.
- Make as many dishes in advance as possible, or order side dishes from your favorite restaurant.
- Make easy appetizers guests can snack on (such as fruit and veggie trays or chips and salsa) while they are waiting for dinner to be served.
- Put beverages in the refrigerator to chill.
- While the turkey is roasting, prepare those side dishes you plan to make.
- After dinner make coffee and tea to go with dessert.
- Don’t hesitate to ask a friend or family member to help with the cleanup.
- Split up the leftovers and have containers ready to fill so you can send your guests home with their favorites.