The keys to a stress-free Thanksgiving are planning ahead and asking for help. Here are a few tips to get you started:
ONE DAY TO THREE WEEKS BEFORE THANKSGIVING
• Shop for those dishes you will make yourself, if items can remain fresh.
• Ask your guests to each bring a side dish or beverages.
• Create a seating plan, set the table(s), and decorate your home.
• Make as many dishes in advance as possible, or order side dishes from your favorite restaurant.
• Make easy appetizers guests can snack on (such as fruit and veggie trays or chips and salsa) while they are waiting for dinner to be served.
• Put beverages in the refrigerator to chill.
• While the turkey is roasting, prepare those side dishes you plan to make.
• Make coffee and tea to go with dessert.
• Don’t hesitate to ask a friend or family member to help with the cleanup.
• Split up the leftovers and have containers ready to fill so you can send your guests home with their favorites.