Make memories that last generations with a new holiday tradition. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Plan a cookie-baking party. Each friend can bring the ingredients for their favorite cookie. Pick up some decorative tins or bags, and at the end of the day, everyone will have a nice variety of cookies in great containers ready to give to co-workers, teachers, grandparents, and neighbors.
- If you have children, plan a separate one-on-one date with each of them. It doesn’t have to be fancy; focus on staying present and showering them with the gift of your attention and love. Choose an activity or place they like to go and make sure they know how special they are.
- Plan an afternoon or evening to volunteer at a food bank or soup kitchen near you. Encourage friends and family members to come along!
- Sign up for a 5K walk/run. Don’t let the cold weather keep you inside. Bundle up and breathe in the fresh air!
- Local, reputable organizations know of families who need your help, especially during this time of year. Once you have selected a particular family to adopt, tell your friends and family about their needs, and offer the opportunity for them to help if they so wish. You might just be surprised by the outpouring of generosity.
- Call your favorite friend with children, and offer to babysit one evening so they can run errands. We all know this is an extremely busy time of year, and everyone can use a helping hand.