Flag Day is June 14 – Here are tips for handling your flag
- The flag should be displayed from sunrise to sunset, or 24 hours a day if illuminated during hours of darkness.
- The flag should be raised briskly and lowered ceremoniously and should never touch the ground.
- The flag should not be flown in inclement weather unless it is an all-weather flag.
- The flag should never be dipped toward any person or object, nor should the flag ever touch anything beneath it.
- The flag should be cleaned and mended when necessary.
- When a flag is so worn, it is no longer fit to serve as a symbol of our country, it should be properly disposed of.
For more information about your American flag, please visit: www.usflag.org